Cinco de Mayo is a super fun holiday to celebrate a pre-summer kick-off. We’ve pulled together our mood board and simple shopping list so you can bring your Cinco de Mayo party to life in just a few clicks.
The Decor Details
I love to use items that I have on hand and purchase simple decor to add pops of color. For this party, I’d love to see white plates with a jalapeno used as a place card. Using a sharpie marker, you can easily write your guest’s name on it and place it at the top of the plate or near the napkin. I also found some great decor on Amazon listed below. The cactus and succulents make great table decor and a favor for your guests. Shop all the details below.
- Giant Blush Balloon with Tassel from Paris312, $45 per balloon
- Cactus Banner from Amazon, $8.49
- Chindi Rag Table from Amazon, $12.99
- Cactus & Succulents from Home Depot, $15
- Large Mexican Papel Banner from Amazon, $9.99
- Fiesta Paper Fans from Amazon, $6.73
- Sombrero Straws from Amazon, $13.37
- Giant Coral Balloon with Tassel from Paris312, $45 per balloon
The Ideal Menu
- Steak fajitas
- Chicken enchiladas
- Mexican rice
- Mexican green salad with jalapeno-cilantro dressing
- Pinata cupcakes
- Churro cupcakes
Affectionately known to her friends as Millennial Martha for her love of DIY and decorating, Jen can’t help but pour her heart + soul into everything she touches. She’s loved to entertain since acquiring a table and chairs, and giving gifts is one of her favorite hobbies. Jen is the creator of Girl Meets Party. Her dream is to share her passions with the world in hopes to inspire others by making the seemingly unattainable attainable.