Nothing says party like balloons. We designed this table balloon runner in under 2 hours using 4 super easy products from Amazon. The balloon runner was the perfect centerpiece to a buffet for our Galentine’s Day brunch. When you’re looking for something to fill space and not break the bank, a balloon runner is ideal. We also recommend creating this for a child’s birthday party, summertime events (indoor or outdoor). A balloon runner could even work for a colorful holiday like Easter.
What you need to create a balloon runner
No matter the combination you use, we recommend having at least 40 balloons for the runner so it looks full. The best part of this list is everything is from Amazon so it can arrive as early as today with same-day shipping!
- Gold Confetti Balloons
- Light Pink / Dark Pink Balloon Mix
- Bendable Wire
- Curling Ribbon (could also use thread or any other string on hand)
How to create a balloon runner
- Create the length of the runner you desire by shaping the wire. Fold the wire in half to make it sturdier.
- Blow up a mix of 30 balloons from each pack. We recommend starting with a lesser number so you don’t blow up balloons you don’t need.
- Tie ribbon around the base of the balloon.
- Tie balloons individually as close to the wire as possible. The closer to the wire, the better the cluster will ultimately look. Continue tying balloons varying in colors until the wire is completely covered.
Creating a balloon runner was one of the easiest pieces of decor we’ve ever made. It was also less than $30 to create, and it lasted several weeks. This will be a go-to for us for many parties to come over the years! If you try our how-to, we’d love to hear your thoughts and see your pictures. Be sure to tag #girlmeetsparty for a chance to be re-grammed on Instagram.
Affectionately known to her friends as Millennial Martha for her love of DIY and decorating, Jen can’t help but pour her heart + soul into everything she touches. She’s loved to entertain since acquiring a table and chairs, and giving gifts is one of her favorite hobbies. Jen is the creator of Girl Meets Party. Her dream is to share her passions with the world in hopes to inspire others by making the seemingly unattainable attainable.