Planning a dream wedding means a lot of things y’all, one of which is creating your dream team of vendors, planners, and consultants to help you put together the Pinterest perfect day. For me, once we chose our venue, my next focus was assembling a team of industry experts. The main players I sought out were the typical: florist, DJ, photographer, etc. I also soon learned the value of bringing on a “day of” coordinator as well. Think of your wedding team like you did when choosing your wedding party. Could I or would I want to go to happy hour with this person? Do they make me feel comfortable and like they care about my big day? If their answer was yes – it was a match. *swipe right*
Gathering your dream team and staying on budget can be tricky – trust me girl, I GET IT! I’ve outlined below a quick & easy way to find the best vendor fit for you:
1. Phone a friend! Your bride besties who have already taken their walks down the aisle ARE your best resources for what you need, who does fantastic work, and what is a reasonable target budget per vendor. My one girlfriend was my go-to on all my vendors, and I couldn’t have done it without her! So first step – ask your friends!
2. Have an idea of what you want! It’s a huge time saver when you connect with vendors that have an idea of what you want for your wedding day. From the aesthetic of your photographs to what kind of music you want on the playlist, this is a huge time saver and allows you and the vendor to see if the two of you are a good fit.
3. Meet all the people! As new bride, you can easily feel a lot of pressure to make all the right decisions. But you’ll never know until you meet more than one potential vendor per category! Get to know and interview 3-4 vendors per service to ensure you feel confident that you’re making the right choice. This also can provide an idea of what you’re willing to pay, what kind of quality each one offers, and it gives you the ability to compare service packages across the board.
4. Keep an open mind! When I began my wedding planning process, I did not have a “day of” coordinator on my list of vendor bookings. However, meeting Rachael from Rachael Steacy Events literally changed all of that! In speaking with her on the phone and learning how much easier her services can make your day, I said SIGN ME UP! She was able to point me in the right direction wedding makeup/hair wise as her bestie Bianca Sansosti was a vendor she recommended. Knowing Rachael knew her sealed the deal for me. Having vendors that know one another and work well together was not something I ever originally thought of, but for future brides, I would highly advise it. If you LOVE your photographer, ask him/her about other vendor recommendations – you never know who you’ll meet!
5. Do all the things. Meaning? Part of the fun in being a bride is all the fun exclusive registry events you get to attend! My personal favorite so far was the one Girl Meets Party founder, Jen, co-hosted with Williams Sonoma in Lincoln Park! It was great to meet vendors in a casual setting and just get to know one another. These were all vendors that I would not have met otherwise, so take advantage and RSVP yes! You won’t regret it!
So there you have it friends – the top five tips for assembling your dream wedding squad. It might seem daunting at times, but remember, that’s why there’s always wine. Cheers!