Morning is my favorite time of the day.
I know that sounds crazy, but I absolutely love it. I always have. I love waking up slowly without an alarm. I love the smell of home brewed, freshly-ground coffee. I love the way the sun slowly fills our kitchen while we watch life unfold.
Our to do list has felt miles long lately with our upcoming move, but this weekend was a rare one in which we didn’t have anything in the books. That means…BAKING!
As you all know, I love trying different grain free flours, and I was super stoked to find a recipe from Paleomg for Chocolate Chip Banana Walnut Muffins using this paleo baking flour that I’d been eyeing in stores.
These muffins are our favorite paleo muffins yet! The mix of starchy and nut flours blend together so that you wouldn’t even know that these aren’t traditional muffins. The texture and flavors are on point. We HIGHLY recommend!
On a different note.. I’m enjoying every last meal in this sweet little kitchen, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited to design our next space. I’ve been dreaming of more counter space and bigger windows.
Chocolate Chip Banana Walnut Muffins
- 3 cups Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ⅔ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 mashed bananas
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a spatula until well combine.
- Line a muffin tin pan with silicone muffin liners and use an ice cream scoop to scoop the mixture into each silicone muffin liner (just FYI – this batter made 14, almost 15 muffins, so after my 12 finished cooking, I cooked the last 3). Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until slightly browned on top.
- Remove from muffin tin and place on a cooling rack. Once muffins are slightly cooled, run a knife around the edge of the silicone liner to ensure the muffin comes out clean.